Monday, December 31, 2012

word: compotation





compotation

\ kom-puh-TEY-shuhn \  , noun;
1. An act or instance of drinking or tippling together.

 *******************************
                Where is she?  She’s here, I know it.  Ok there she is.  Alright, how do I do this then?  Do I just go up to her and kiss her?  Do I have to ask first, or will that be awkward?  I know I have to wait till midnight, but what happens then?  Oh god, what time is it?  11:50, that’s it?  Wait, where did she go?  How could someone move so quickly?  Ah, there she is, at the bar.  God, I need a drink.  Maybe that’ll help settle my nerves.  Everyone else seems to have one, and they’re all really happy.  Maybe too happy.  What if I have too many drinks?  Should I only have one?  What kind should I get?  Damn it, this is what I get for never drinking before today.  Well, maybe it won’t be so bad.  I hear one or two drinks can help settle your nerves, and I can really use that right now.  Ok, what looks good?  I have no idea what half of this stuff is.  Oh, this one looks good.  Oh wait, she’s looking at me.  Is this a good drink for a guy?  Or is it too girly?  It looks like some kind of fruity drink, so maybe I shouldn’t.  Will she think I’m not good enough if I take it, or will she think I’m sensitive?  Does it even matter?  Probably not, but I’d better take a beer or something, just in case.  Wait, will she think I’m a drunk or something if I take one of those?  Oh god I have no idea what to do.  Is she even looking at me?  No, she’s taking with some other guy.  Oh god, what if he kisses her before I can?  What should I do?  Should I just go talk to her to get in her good graces?  Will it even matter?  Here we go.  Ugh, this stuff tastes terrible.  How do people drink this all the time?  Well, I’ll keep it with me, just in case.  I want to seem like I actually know what I’m doing after all.  If I have a soda or something, she might think I’m a wuss, or childish or something.  Wait a sec, that guy is getting her a drink.  What should I do?  I should talk to her now, while he’s gone.  What if he comes back too soon though?  He looks tough, he could probably beat me in a fight.  Wait, why would we be fighting?  It’s a New Year’s party, why should me talking to her bother him?  Maybe he’s a really nice guy that’ll let me kiss her when it’s time.  What time is it anyway?  11:55.  Five more minutes, it’s now or never.  Ok, here I go.  Oh god, I can’t.  She’s too pretty for me.  She seems to like that guy though, maybe I should just let him have her.  He probably knows how to treat a girl, unlike me.  Maybe he could teach me some tricks?  Or is experience the best teacher for this kind of thing.  I mean, all girls are different, so how could there be one way to make them happy?  Wait a sec, now there’s another guy there, what’s he doing?  The guys are holding hands?  Oh, they’re gay.  That means I probably still have a shot with her.  Hm, I wonder what it’s like to be with another guy.  Is it a lot different?  It must be.  Of course, it wouldn’t matter anyway; I can’t even get a girl, let alone a guy.  Not that I’d want one, but it would be kind of cool to know that I would be able to.  Ok, now that the main obstacle is out of the way, it should be easy to just go up to her and kiss her.  I should probably at least introduce myself first.  After all, it would probably be awkward to just go up and kiss her when she doesn’t even know my name.  How much time do I have?  Oh god, there’s only two minutes left.  Better move quickly.  Bleh, this beer really does taste terrible.  Is it even working?  I think it is, I mean, everything looks kinda weird.  Wait, where’d she go?  Oh, she hasn’t moved.  Great, I’m getting disoriented, and I haven’t even had a whole drink.  Ok, just go up and talk to her.  Wait, what is she drinking?  Is it better than what I have.  Maybe that’s how I should break the ice, by asking her about her drink.  I mean, it’s better than just going up and telling her my name, right?  Do I have enough time for all that?  No, no I don’t.  There’s only a few seconds left.  And here comes the countdown, it’s now or never.  Ten, just do it.  Nine, hurry up legs, move it!  Eight, good, she’s not moving, I still have a chance to get to her.  Seven, go, why are there so many people here?  Six, wait, what if she doesn’t want to be kissed?  Five, oh what the heck, I’ll worry about that later.  Four, almost there.  Three, she’s right in front of me.  Two, just reach out and kiss her.  One, here we go.  Happy New Year!
*****************
Happy New Year!  Don't get too drunk, ok?   Also, aren't streams of consciousness fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment