Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Word: machinate


machinate

\ MAK-uh-neyt \ , verb;

1. to contrive or plot, especially artfully or with evil purpose: to machinate the overthrow of the government.

*************************************** Ah, wonderful, wonderful. It works. And from the looks of things, it works much better than I had planned. Those two are finally trapped, and all that they have is now mine. Shame I can’t kill them, but I need them alive. At least until my plan is complete. Then it’ll be easy to fill the bubble with poison gas. Hm, but then again, Supremis does boat an annoying level of immunity to toxins. Maybe I should just drain it of oxygen and let them suffocate. Yes, that should do nicely.


Maybe I should gloat. After all, that’s what all the self respecting villains are doing, isn’t it? And I have succeeded in capturing Supremis and Starlight. Nobody else has done that. Maybe individually, but never both of them together. Yes, gloating does seem like the right thing to do right now. But then again, if I just tell them my plans, they might find some way to stop me, even if it’s just to stop trying to get out of my little bubble cage. I need them to keep attacking it after all. Besides, I’ve never been one to follow traditions.

Ah perfect, Starlight is still making her attempts. Beautiful. Those energy powers of hers might make her one of the more powerful super humans, but right now all it does is help me. Now if only I can get that brute to hit the walls as well. Ah, there he goes. Perfect. He might be strong enough to move buildings, but now all that power is simply being redirected to my little device here. And once they’ve finished charging it for me…

Oh, what’s this? Starlight has switched energy types. Hm, let’s see. Ah, instead of photon discharges, she switched to heat rays. That’s even better! She might as well be shooting raw electricity into a rechargeable battery right now. Oh this is too funny. Supremis is trying to just fly off with my bubble while they’re still in it. Hm, that actually might be a bit tricky to deal with. Let’s see what I’ve done to counter that. I’ll just focus a bit more power into the binding clamps. It might make the charging process take longer, but at it’s no big loss. After all, I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for almost five years now. A few minutes longer won’t make that much of a difference.

Ah! It’s almost ready. Soon, soon it will be finished. Perhaps now would be the best time to start gloating. Or at the very least a good evil laugh. I have been working on that after all, it would be a shame not to. Besides I have only a few moments left before the world is groveling at my feet. But then again, maybe it would be more potent if I waiting until my machinations actually take hold. A good evil laugh while I’m pressing the button would be wonderful, wouldn’t it?

Hm? What was that? It sounded like a gunshot. Oh well it’s of no concern to me. No normal bullet can pierce the skin of my containment bubble. Wait a moment, is that a crack? How did that get there? Hold on, let me check my security system. Hm, nothing yet. Oh, wait. Is that Gunmage? Yes, it is isn’t it? Drat. Those magic bullets of his could certainly cause that crack. And there goes the bubble. Oh well, so much for that plan.
*******************************
There really needs to be more super hero stories told from the villians perspective.  I'm serious.  Not that I'm the kind of guy who roots for the villian (I'm not, by the way), but it really is the bad guy who makes the hero.  Where would Batman be without Joker?  The X-Men without Magneto?  A good antagonist makes the protagonist that much better.  Plus, some of them have much cooler names (seriously.  Just look at Reed Richards vs. Dr. Doom.  For coolness of names, Doom wins, hands down).

Incidently, if the number of posts is to be believed, I do think I've been doing this for a full year now.  So yeah, woo and such. 

1 comment: