Monday, May 13, 2013

Word: melliferous


 

melliferous

\ muh-LIF-er-uhs \  , adjective;
1. yielding or producing honey.
*************************************
Gotta keep moving.  Gotta look for flowers.  Oh hey, there’s some nice ones!  Mm, very nice.  Lots of good stuff in these.  I’ll be able to deliver lots of goods to the hive with these.  Lots of good honey to be made for the young here.  Oh look, there’s more over there!  Oh wow, I’m almost full with all the flowers around here.  I’d better go back.  I’ll just tell everyone else about this place when I get back.  That’ll be good.  Hm?  What’s that?  It looks like a flower.  At least it’s as colorful as one.  But it’s a lot bigger.  And I’ve never seen a flower that can move before.  I’d better check it out.  It’s really big, so it must have lots of nice pollen inside.  Odd, I can’t see to find the entrance.  And it’s moving a lot more when I get closer.  Whoa!  That branch like thing almost hit me!  I’d better get out of here.  Flowers that move like that never have anything good to offer.  Besides, now that I think about it, it didn’t smell like a normal flower as well.  Oh wait, before I get back, I’d better stop of at that nice big flower patch first.  I can still hold a bit more after all.  Ok, I’m all full up.  Now I can go home, deliver my load, tell everyone about where I got it, and then it’s back out to gather more.  We have a big hive, with lots of little ones, so we’ll need lots of honey.  There it is, home sweet home.  Wait a moment, what’s that?  It looks like that big, moving flower.  That’s nice, it came right to the hive.  That must be why it tried to hit me before.  It didn’t think one of us was enough, and it wanted more to harvest its pollen.  And there’s everyone else to try and collect it all.  Hmm, odd, the flower doesn’t seem to like it when everyone else tries to get at the pollen it has.  It’s thrashing around with those weird branches again.  Hold on a second, it doesn’t want us around.  It’s attacking the hive!  I’d better go help them!  Wait a minute, if I do that, they won’t get all the pollen I have.  But if I don’t, then it might not matter much, because the big not-flower will ruin it.  What should I do?  It looks like they need all the help they can get right now.  And it is only a matter of time before someone else finds those nice big flower patches.  The ones that won’t fight back anyway.  Ok, I’ll do it!  I just have to find the right place.  Let’s see.  Grr, it’s moving too much, I can’t find a good spot.  Ah!  I see one!  At least, I think I do.  It looks like those two bright spots at the top are kind of important.  It’s protecting those more than other places anyway.  Wait for it…wait for it…Now!  For the Hive!  Got it!  I did it!  It’s leaving, and the hive is still in one piece!  Oh god, but it hurts.  I have to try and make it inside though.  It’s so far now though.  I have to at least try.  I…can…make…it…  
************************
Does the bee make it?  You decide.  And let that be a lesson to you.  Don't mess with bees.  They sting.  And then they die.  It's kinda sad if you think about it.  Also, listen to this while you're reading.  It's fun!   

No comments:

Post a Comment