Monday, May 23, 2016

Word: Jimjams



jimjams

[jim-jamz]
noun, ( used with a plural verb) Slang.
1. extreme nervousness; jitters.
2. delirium tremens
 **************************************************
             Oh god, why did I agree to this?  I hate blind dates.  Not that I’ve ever been on one.  Or any date at all, but still.  I hate the idea of them.  Oh god, I shouldn’t have come.  Why did I come?  Am I sweating?  I’m probably all sweaty and gross and she’ll run away at the first sight of me.  Oh man, what if she’s ugly?  Or worse, what if she’s really good looking?  What do I do then?  I have no idea how to talk to pretty girls.  Why’d I come here?  Oh god, people are looking at me.  Why are they looking at me?  Is there something wrong with my clothes?  I bet there is.  I bet I look ridiculous.  Or maybe it’s not my clothes.  Maybe it’s me.  Do I look funny?  Is there something wrong with my hair.  Oh god, stop shaking.  Why is my leg shaking like that?  Stop it!  Oh man, my hands are soaked.  What if she wants to shake hands?  She’s be horrified by my hands sweat. 
                Huh?  Someone just called me, right?  I don’t know anyone here.  Who is…oh dear god, it’s her.  Oh man, oh man, oh man, she’s gorgeous.  What do I do, what do I do, what do I do?  Should I say something?  I think I’m supposed to say something.  Oh man, why’s she have to be so damn beautiful?  I might be able to do something if she wasn’t so good.  Oh man, she’s talking to me.  She probably expects an answer right?  My name?  Wait…what’s my name again?
                Oh god, I can’t remember my name.  Why can’t I remember my name?  I have amnesia…oh, wait, no, I remember it now.  Okay, okay, I can do this.  I can make it through this, I know I can.
Oh god I can’t do this.  Why did I think I can do this?  I was stupid to agree to this.  Oh god, she wants me to say things.  What do I say?  Just say something.
                Oh god, I think I said the wrong thing.  That was definitely the wrong thing.  Oh man, why’s I say the wrong thing?  Wait, she’s laughing.  That’s good, right? No, she might be laughing at me.  Laughing at sweaty, stuttering me.  That’s probably what she’s doing.  But what if she’s not?  That’s…that’s good, right? 
                Wait, did she just call me cute?  She did.  She definitely said I was cute.  What does that mean?  Cute like a child?  Cute like good looking?  Did I act cute?  I don’t think I acted cute.  Wait, what if that’s a bad thing?  Like, cute in a bad way.  Can cute be bad?  I think it’s pretty much always a good thing.  Unless she doesn’t mean it.  She seems like she means it.  At least, I think she seems like she means it.  It’s hard to tell.
                Oh, is it time to go already?  How did that happen?  I didn’t think I was here that long.  Hold on, what’s she doing?  What’s she writing?  Is…is this?  Is this her phone number?  It is, isn’t it?  She actually gave me her number.  How in the world did I pull that off?
*******************************************************
Can't say I've ever been in a situation like this before.  Of course, that has more to do with the lack of female attention in my life than anything else....yeah, I...I don't really go on dates....at all...Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment